Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Miles and Pizza Patron

I haven't written anything in a while, but my cousin Zak (shout out!) asked for my blog address, so in the spirit of sharing some awkward and funny moments, here's an update from my Tour Dallas experience.

Let it be known that when you go to pick up your registration packet, and the volunteer behind the table greets you with a smile and asks, "What can I get for you?" the appropriate response is NOT, "Um, I'll take whatever you've got!"  Apparently, the customary response is your shirt size.  Hey, volunteer lady, don't laugh at me!  If you wanted to know which size shirt I needed, why didn't you just say, "What size shirt do you want?"  You give me an open-ended question next to a table of freebies, and I'm gonna speak the truth!  Also, I'm gonna take 12 Clif bars while you're not looking.

And when you're cruising around mile 18 and a friendly gentleman introduces himself and comments on your bike, beware.  In about 34 seconds, your new friend Eric is going to comment on the necessity of wearing the appropriate undergarments while cycling.  And then you'll almost take out about 14 other cyclers in an attempt to pull over to the side and pretend to check your tires.  No, Eric, that's fine.  You just keep riding.  I'll take care of this one on my own.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out cousin. I look forward to the readings and just might be inspired to blog a little myself now. See you soon and I look forward to the many stories we can share. Bye bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaa. So glad you are back sharing your life with us. I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back, too! I was starting to get a little worried.

    ReplyDelete