Thursday, April 7, 2011

9. I fell up the stairs again today...

...but before I did that, I

1. worked
2. worked out
3. gave Layla a bath (and chased her all over the apartment with a towel, trying to intercept the shower of water droplets that she cast in all directions before any of them landed on walls and furniture)
4. walked Layla
5. tried to look knowledgable at REI while searching for a bike tube and oh-so-flattering padded bike shorts (the secret is to ask all questions over the phone before entering the store: "So, the thing that goes in the tire?  What's that called?  Oh, a tube.  Okay.  And is there just one standard size tube or are there different sizes?  Different sizes, huh?  How would I know which size my tire is?  What's that?  What kind of valve do I have?  Um, one that lets air in and out...it's kinda pointy.")
6. bought groceries
7. worked on bike (meaning I velcroed (shut up, spellcheck!) a carrying bag under the seat and screwed a water bottle holder to the frame...look out, Bob Vila...or whoever your bike-handy equivalent may be!)
8. made bacon and eggs

Between items 2, 3, and 8, I'm smelling delightful!  And between you and me, I don't plan to do anything about it before hitting the hay!

P.S. I promise to relay the "hopping over bush" story when I have enough time and wits to do it justice.  Until then, you'll just have to keep reading and waiting in eager anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment